I like using modern.ie (by Microsoft) because they carry all IE browsers from IE6 to IE11 and it's free.
You basically choose which version of IE you want and it comes prepackaged with its own virtual machine so you don't have to install anything. Just run and test. The downside is the virtual machines are time limited and expire after a certain amount of ...
Internet Explorer is not native to Ubuntu/Linux so installing IE locally will give you different behaviors than IE on Windows (as you are forcing compatibility with unofficial APIs). As such, I would recommend against that approach.
Instead I would suggest running IE with a Virtual Machine
Microsoft has created some customized Windows VHDs with the purpose ...
Try to click the "Continue to this website (not recommended)." link in the following way (works for me on EI7, IE8):
Check with different xpath & use implicitly wait instead of 'Thread.sleep'
WebElement menu = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//li[@id='i_ACAD']/a"));
Actions actions = new Actions(driver);
As a former virtualbox user, my preference for testing my apps on ie8, ie9, ie10 and ie11 is now:
Parallels. a paid piece of software (about $80-$100) that I now consider invaluable for my IE testing.
I also like Parallels because you can set up bookmarks for the URL's you frequently test and they are the next time you go to use ...
Okay I just got it working under IE9 using C# and the following code:
IWebDriver driver = new InternetExploreDriver();
And now it will go to the real page.
I am glad I found this message thread. I must have different version of webdriver and the following line works for me using IE8. Thanks.
Edited to add:
forgot to mention that my driver = webdriver.Ie() !
if you wanted to test what the filtering was doing to your site then you would need to run some browsers in china. You could do this with a selenium grid hosted in china driving OSes in vm guests.
if you just wanted to check how your site works on degraded bandwidth you could use something like wanem to simulate various types of issues.
Please check the below Solution:
Get the Class ID from IE > Tools > Manage Add-ons
Note: 0 is for enable and 1 is for disable.
I have this code running always when I instance IE8 on my tests. Works fine.
#region SSL workaround for IE
if (driver.GetType() == typeof(InternetExplorerDriver) && driver.Title.Contains("Certificate"))