Rational Performance Tester is a tool for automated performance testing of web and server based applications from the Rational Software division of IBM.
Rational Performance Tester is a tool for automated performance testing of web and server based applications from the Rational Software division of IBM. t allows users to create tests that mimic user transactions between an application client and server. During test execution, these transactions are replicated in parallel to simulate a large transaction load on the server. Server response time measurements are collected to identify the presence and cause of any potential application bottlenecks. It is primarily used by Software Quality Assurance teams to perform automated software performance testing.
- Code-free testing enables you to create test scripts without programming.
- Root cause analysis tools find and diagnose the cause of performance problems.
- Real-time reporting enables immediate recognition of performance problems and renders a browser-like view of test results in web pages.
- Test data can be generated from scripts, data pools with automated variation, and the insertion of custom Java® code for flexible test customization.
- Load testing helps ensure applications are able to handle large user loads prior to deployment.