I'm interested in defining a minimum set of high-level operations which should be validated over a page using the Page Object Model in Selenium Automation Framework.
So far I know about the following:
- Navigate - Used to navigate to the page. Implemented as
- Fill - Used to fill any forms or sections of form on the page. Implemented as
- Submit - Submit the form. Implemented as
- Cancel - Cancel the form submission.
- Back - Navigate back from page.
- Click - Click any field on page.
- Verify - Verify any field related attributes/values on page.
- Upload/download - Perform upload/download of a file on page.
- Expand/collapse - Expand/collapse any sections on page.
- Close - Close the page.
Are there any other high-level operations that should be added to the above list?
Update: I'm looking for atomic page-level operations and not business/functionality level operations. Create, Edit, View, Delete, Search, etc. are business/functional level operations. For example, creation involves navigation to the page (Navigate), filling the form (Fill) and click on Save (Submit). As you can see creation is not atomic in nature to the page, it is a function of the application and not the page. I hope this explanation improves the clarity of the question. Thanks.